So various updates & observations:
- I have reached the conclusion that my clinic can't organise their way out of a wet paper bag. So I showed up late for group on Thursday (I had to go with the girls to see Possum Magic) and they couldn't find my group... so the receptionists advice was to go have lunch and come back for the after lunch session. Nice!
- I also managed to discover that the clinic (or more technically my health insurance) pays for parking for out-patients. This probably could be excused it was only my second week ALTHOUGH I have been asking for longer than that.
- I had my assessment for the addictions program on Friday. I've been accepted - not sure if I want to go yay about that. I've heard it's a very good program though so it should help. Although it doesn't start until late September so I get to deal with the transitions group for a while longer.
- So when I had the assessment for the Addictions Program and I was chatting to the psychologist (yet another one!) she was surprised at how quick my detox was. She'd never heard of a detox that went for 4 days. Which I guess explains the cute psychologist's surprise at my lack of a treatment plan.
- I've been alcohol free for a month. I know a large part of that is the antabuse which does provide the psychological boost that I need to stay strong. I am getting better though :)