Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Travelling... (Virginia Part 1)

It's a nightmare...
24 hours roughly of travelling.
The girls all things considered actually did really well. There was no major meltdowns. Louise didn't sleep much as she had to know everything that was going on. So she'd be asleep and someone would come talk to us about the girls and up would pop her cute little head - get a cheeky smile. It really is very, very cute.

I got the chance to watch 2 movies!
Which for a 15 hour flight is a scream - got to watch both Clash of the Titans & Alice in Wonderland, broken and interupted quite a bit but did eventually get to watch them. Enjoyed both of them.

Qantas I love you! The staff were awesome. The passengers were pretty good (better than our connecting flight). We were waiting for everyone else to get off the plane when we landed at LAX and we were getting congratulated on being able to deal with the girls as well as we did (which was a bit weird). Got patted on the back by a drunk bogan and got a resounding "well done mate". American Airlines - you suck. Larry and I get split up (nothing new for them) and we get put in seats that are nowhere near an aisle... yeah smart move with babies. I could have done with the smartass behind me though who quite loudly said great and rolled his eyes when he saw me with Olivia. I know travelling with babies is an imposition on a lot of people - but my girls are good ;)

We had a really nice moment at LAX when we were going through customs. My surname is different to everyone else in my family and the customs officer was a bit taken aback by that! That struck me as really quite sweet.

Oh and hire car shennigans! I wanted a Ford Fusion - you know a nice mid-size sedan. We got a bonus upgrade to a Saturn Vue. Which is a Holden Captiva in Australia which we looked at getting at one stage. Larry's impression of it - it's a boat! *giggles*

Oh and the internet is so fast here!

4 comments:

  1. I dont understand passengers giving you a dirty look or mumbling under their breath! As a parent.. If I go somewhere (sans child with me) and another parent comes in with their child.. I think.."Oh I hope that baby is good." Not for me.. but for that parent!! I, like many other parents.. DO NOT hear other peoples children.. if that makes sense.. So happy the flight went well! :) Any pics in the works of these long awaited little princess'? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally, I worry about the parents and not the kids. On a recent flight a kid seated in front of me threw his toy at me to wake me up in the middle of a flight. I didn't mind the kid so much, as I remember being a precocious child myself. What annoyed me was that the parent saw the entire event and did nothing about it. Didn't even reprimand the child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angele have a look at http://www.flickr.com/photos/larryandmichael that's got 10 months worth of photos :)

    Joe - we're not that sort of parent, I don't think we'd have it in us. We're also not likely to travel with the girls again until they understand how to behave or at least stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much! I just went through all 39 pages of pics!:P Gorgeous little girls! They were so tiny! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete