Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Not every little boy wants to be Superman when he grows up...

Like a lot of people I have seen this particular image doing the rounds.  I googled what it was about as I was curious and I was actually trying to find the image so I could use it for my own purposes...  It's from Sometimes the Spoon Runs Away with Another Spoon Coloring Book by Jacinta Bunnell and Nathaniel Kusinitz.  So all credit for the image goes to them.

So anyway...
I really liked it and it does resonate with me.  I've always liked Wonder Woman.  That's not to say I wanted to be Wonder Woman.  As a little boy though - I did pretend to be Wonder Woman.  I adored the show (yes I am that old!) and I would do the Wonder Woman spin in my bedroom etc...  She had a bit of a lasting impact really!

I also love that Louise loves Wonder Woman - I get to kind of live vicariously through her.  Although I do have to admit that is my doing - she did see me reading Wonder Woman comics.  Although it was actually Larry that introduced her to the Lynda Carter series - which was before I started reading the New 52 Wonder Woman.

Larry took me to Manhattan in 2007 and he had some work meetings so I got to wander around by myself and I ventured over to Midtown Comics.  I had decided that I wanted to buy a comic from Midtown Comics.  I bought a Wonder Woman trade paperback.  Much to regret it was the Jodi Piccoult arc... I should have grabbed a different one ;)

Anyway just an odd little update from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment