Monday, July 23, 2012

So we bought another MINI =D

It's taken me a while to get around to this... but I was thinking today as I was cleaning the house.  Do you remember when you first got your licence and you would just jump in your car and drive aimlessly for God only knows how long (or for how long the petrol you could afford would allow).

The MINI makes me feel like that :)
I just want to put the top down - get in and drive aimlessly...

For those who don't know.  We've bought a 2005 Mini Cooper S Cabrio.  It is seriously the most fun car we've ever bought!  It's not as hardcore as the Checkmate we used to own and it's also much easier to deal with than the MX5 (and it's far prettier than the MX5).

Owning a MINI again is fun!  People actually talk to you :)

Although I suspect half of them are trying to work out why the tall freak is driving around with the top down in the middle of a Melbourne winter! I've had a couple of people ask me about owning a cabrio, kids tend to smile at you, other MINI owners tend to smile at you!  Although I do think there is that other cabrio owner I drove past on Sunday who laughed at me probably because she thought I was frigging nuts for having the roof down ;)

3 comments:

  1. ha ha I think I would laugh if I saw you driving topless in Winter too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    i'm a new at all this, starting out. Can you join my blog?
    http://issurrogacyformepleasesayyes.blogspot.com.au/ Any advice or suggestions would be helpful,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. “People actually talk to you :)” – I love this part because it’s true. A Mini, despite its unassuming size, is a head turner. The classic styling never fails to grab attention on and off the road. And it’s not just fun, it is engaging as well! :D

    Kerstin ^.^

    ReplyDelete